Long ago, there were two boys from Detroit. They looked so different from everyone, so they couldn’t figure out where they belonged. They tried Polka, Ceviche, Poutine, Hip Hop... stuff like that.
After trying every culture in the world, they said to one another, “Damn I’m hungry, and we don’t fit anywhere (sad face).” However, the boys came to the realization that they ended up fitting in EVERYWHERE. That’s pretty much where Now Endeavor music is!
- Hi guys! We’re really happy to welcome you on Jamendo! How did you find our platform?
The music industry is really changing, so we decided to look for alternative ways to get our music to people. We’ve always been firm believers in doing what you love first, and the money will come later, so we decided to look for distribution opportunities where the users weren’t obligated to pay money to hear our tunes! Then we came across Jamendo!!
- Could you tell our readers who Now Endeavor are and what brought you together as a band?
The engine of Now Endeavor is Just Pete and Thom the Disco Spider. We’re brothers from Detroit, MI who followed different musical paths for a while. We discovered it’s easier to work with family, so we decided to make Now Endeavor a project. We have supporting members for our live shows.
- Do you guys write all of the lyrics and music yourselves or do you have other people involved?
We write the majority of the music and all of the lyrics. There are two songs we didn’t write on our EP’s, but we heavily edited them to fit our musical vision. A fellow named Mick Maslowski did help us a lot with production and tracking instruments, so we have to shout him out! He runs a studio in Royal Oak, MI.
- Going through your two EPs Waiting on Waffles and Macaques on Fire on Jamendo, we can hear a whole lot of music genres such as rock, R&B, pop, dance… How would you exactly define yourselves musically?
The best way to define our music is just Pop. We think we can capture the best of any genre and make anyone enjoy it. A lot of bands mix different genres within a song, but we prefer to stay in one lane for each song, however the lanes can change drastically from song to song! We’ll be writing in even more genres soon!
- We’d be curious to hear what are your main influences and favorite tunes at the moment!
We know that a lot of bands give a cliché answer about their music being unique, but I think it would be a disfavor to name any one (or two) band(s). Also, we don’t want people to associate any other groups with Now Endeavor! We will say the majority of our influences come from the years 1980-2000. The last song Thom the Disco Spider listened to today was “Mexico” by James Taylor.
- When seeing you perform live, people can’t complain about a lack of variety! Do you like to interact with the public? Any crispy anecdote from a past show you’d like to share?
We love to interact! Crowd participation is probably one of the best feelings in the world. We like to play things people can relate to live. Sometimes we like to play the theme song for “King of the Hill” and we invite someone to play cowbell for us! Cowbell is important you know……only those who are fearless and up to the task are chosen….hahaha.
- We really have to mention how cool your video clips are on Youtube. A Cover is definitely our favorite! Is originality essential in the message you’re trying to convey through your music?
Originality fuels all of our music, but it is important to realize we are standing on the shoulders of many pioneers.
“A Cover” is a poke at how seriously 90’s bands took themselves….which is fine, but it’s also really funny. If you watch a few of our videos, you’ll notice our first goal is to make you laugh. Sometimes the video is an allegory….but not always!
- What’s next for Now Endeavor? Do you have any plans for the future?
We hope to make a music video for every song that we release! We’ll also be releasing another EP in 2015. Stay tuned for more music and videos. You’ll be able to catch us live too! Our website nowendeavor.com will always have updates!