The 2014 World Cup is in full swing! Which team are you rooting for?
With all eyes being on Brazil, we wanted to celebrate this rich musical country with a selection of 18 tracks from Brazilian Jamendo artists. Enjoy!
- Let's start with Balança, a chillout tune from hip-hop duo Fluxo. Balancing between electrolounge and jazz, this flute-led track is perfect to get you in the mood of this colourful playlist.
- Caixa de Balões is a bright and rich rock-pop track by Lafusa, a band from Brasília. These guitar riffs and smooth vocals will get you hooked!
- We keep on rocking with Hard times from the band Neon Bicycles. We're loving the dreamy 80s mood and the care-free feeling that exudes from this irresistible indie-rock track!
- Time for a quick break with Beijo da Lara, in which AXIAL mixes electronic and ethnic sounds. This track is a magical union between tradition and modernity, made hypnotic by the aerial female vocals and the mystical instrumental.
- Start Me Up is a fresh pop/rock track by Foreplay. Its raw, unplugged and acoustic feel gives it a natural charm!
- Of course, we couldn't make a Brazilian playlist without bossa nova! Samba do Lago, by the Breculê band, is a warm, colourful and mellow mix between soft samba and jazz... Delicious!
- Strong, energetic and catchy... Here's another great indie pop/rock track by Nublado: Desse Lado!
- Teodora Dobradera, a lounge track from Q'saliva, an artist from São Paulo, is funky, groovy, yet delicate. The incessant beat and bass base is scattered with hints of diverse instrumens such as piano, guitar, or trumpet, making it intriguingly addictive!
- Varrendo a Lua is a sweet, poetic ballad that only needs an acoustic guitar, a violin and Roberta Campos's sweet voice to be beautiful.
- Pipo Pegoraro's tunes surely live up to their author's melodious name! Non Sense is a funky track that has a lovely electronic DIY side and a simple yet effective melody.
- Via Bela Isabela is a warm, summery surf-rock ballad. If close your eyes and listen to it, it will fly you straight to the Brazilian coast under a tropical sun. Thanks to Kinho Surf Root's for this soothing tune!
- Let's keep on travelling with this cosy track by Beatriz Bessa. Calango Da Saudade is one of the tracks where the "less is more" formula does wonders: a classical guitar, soft percussions and a delicate voice is all that's needed to keep us warm.
- After this relaxing pause, let's shake things up with this incredible piece: Blues do Covarde. Distintivo Blues show us the swingy side of Brazil!
- Dorme Mariana: who can resist this soft, melodic acoustic guitar track? We can't! Haroldo Torrecilha's fingerpicking is magical!
- The band Zorak won us over with Liquid Eyes, a roaring and passionate metal track!
- Another blasting rock track, To turne around, this time from the band AYGAN. Three words: restless, breathtaking, powerful!
- Baião: let's get some rest with Fernando TRZ and DJ Tahira. The exotic touch of this jazzy lounge track will make you travel, all the while sitting comfortably in your couch.
- The last track of our selection comes from Rock band Music Box. Minha Vida is pure classic rock, but with a modern feel and a stunning female lead.