1. Could you tell us a little more about you and your debut as a band?
LM means "Les Maudits" (The cursed ones). When we first started as a band, we had many problems during our concerts : Power cuts, guitar strings that broke right in the middle of a set, rain on stage, cancellations at the last minute, ... But now, it lost all his meaning because everything is going great for us !
2. If you had to listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Without any doubt, it would be Ben Harper. In our band, everybody loves his music and his diversified music style. We covered three of his songs on stage ("Steal my kisses", "Bown eyed blues", and "Burn to shine").
3. You just released your new album "The Better Way" on Jamendo. What's the story behind it and what messages are you trying to convey? What song represents you best as a band ?
The song that represents us best is "The Better Way" because it means both the way you choose to follow and the way you choose to do things. It's definitely the most aerial song that I've composed so far for LM. The message behind it is that the best way to live one's life (or the best way to choose to follow) is to enjoy what we have here and now. Our artwork is a painting created by my step father Eric Delarbre. It's directly inspired by our album title.
4. Where does your inspiration come from?
Many artists start writing the lyrics before they compose the music but I do it differently. I look for attractive melodies, without many variations. Then I create the chords, and the lyrics come after that. The inspiration comes from my past and current experiences.
5. Other than the people you’re with now, if you could get any musician (living or dead), who would be in your “dream band”?
The most awesome band ever would be :
Guitar / Main Vocals : Ben Harper
Guitar 1 / Choirs : John Butler
Guitar 2 / Choirs : John Mayer
Bass : Flea
Drums : Nicky Bomba
6. Describe your music in 5 words for people who never heard it before.
Rock. English. Funky. Warm. Heterogeneous.
7. Which quote would best describe you and your philosophy as a band?
"Do not wait to be at the top of the success ladder to become aware that it's rested against the wrong wall" (Bernie Siegel)
"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step" (老子 - Lao Zi)
8. What are your best memories from your public performances?
Our concert at La Voulte in 2011. An incredible stage and sound ! It was one of our best experiences on stage !
9. You chose to share your music for free under Creative Commons licenses on Jamendo. Why did you make this decision?
We want our music to be heard by more ears, that's the reason why we are betting on massive communication. Jamendo is an excellent way for people to discover our music !
10. What question would you add and what would you reply?
What's your main musical genre? Rock is our thing.
11. And since it’s a tradition at Jamendo : Do you have a fun anecdote that your fans don’t know about and would be surprised to hear?
During a concert in the Loire on a big truck trailer, I wanted to make a last check-up in order to make sure that every was ready for the concert. It was raining a lot that day and the covers above the stage were filled with water. Suddenly, as I was scratching something on the structure pillars, the whole structure collapsed and all the water stored in the covers fell on stage. All the sound returns we were supposed to have ended up exploding. We had to perform without them. Ever since we had this crazy experience, I do not check anything anymore ! ;)
Support the artists ! Facebook