1. Your band name is quite original, could you tell us more about the 10 Code concept?
The name came from the ten-code system that was introduced to radio communications at the beginning of the 20th century. Firefighters and other people who transmitted radio signals used them, in order to describe as much information as possible, in very few words. Our moto is hidden behind this... Sometimes, fewer words can have stronger meaning! Don't babble pointlessly!! We also use our own ten-codes to symbolize things, situations and people. We have our handmade, secret list!
2. How did you meet and start as a band?
Well, back in time, three of us (Petros, Apostolos and Dimitris) have played before together. Dimitris used to play with Simos too, so there's... the connection!
3. You released your debut EP “the connection ep.”, what are the main themes and messages that you’re aiming to convey through this EP?
Music for us is a form of escape from what is bothering/troubling us. It's what helps us ''connect'' with what makes us feel closer to a better state of mind, to a better way of understanding and dealing with everyday situations. Thus the term ''the connection''. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. Everyone has their own ''superman's cape'' to use whenever there is need to do so. You can say that we encourage people to let go, and get one step closer to whatever they truly want to be or feel, free from any burden whatsoever.
4. We’ve had a few talented artists from Greece like you, do you feel like the Greek music scene is getting more alive and diversified?
God bless the Internet! There have always been talented artists in the greek scene, but never really been appreciated! It is difficult to have an impact in our country by playing this kind of music. But in our days it's getting easier to expose yourself to any audience you want, so since there's talent... wait for the Greeks!
5. You’ve participated in big music festivals. What are the best memories you keep from these performances?
Lots of people and audiences with different musical taste! The best part is when you feel that you somehow managed to gain attention from people that are not really into the genre of your music.
6. Where does your inspiration come from? Who are your main musical influences?
It's mostly team work. We work each song together and this is the way the inspiration comes from: You can hear an idea of a bandmate and suddenly "see" the song from a totally different point of view! As for the musical influences, they are quite many: from Brit Pop to Heavy Metal and from New Wave to Stoner!
7. You chose to make your music available for free legal download on Jamendo. Which did you make this decision?
Music should be free for anyone. It's practically impossible to prevent piracy, anyway. If you work hard and manage to make your musical point, you can build a solid fan base that will support you. We really like Jamendo's way of treating music and loyalties. There's a good mentality behind this service and we are glad to be a part of it!
8. Do you have a fun anecdote that your fans don’t know about and would be surprised to hear?
Yes, this is the first time we share this story! While in the process of deciding what the band's name will be, we had a tie! Two of us wanted "10 Code" and the other two, another name (we're not telling yet!). Like "10 Code", this other name also meant something to us. So, the decision was made by a... flipped coin!
Support the Band :
Download their album for free on Jamendo by clicking on :